Aurora Wings ...

Good evening! Well Katie is done with school and I didn't shed any tears at her "Exit/Birthday Party" last week. Seeing her face glow with happiness just made my heart happy! My crafting time will be limited to when she is at our local Day Program 3-days a week. That being said I had time to create with a couple of images that I colored recently. Each card was made for a challenge or two, but I decided to create only one post to share them. So here goes ...


Last month I joined Kit and Clouder, and participated in the the Live Color Along with Alyce back on February 23rd. The image used for the Color Along is the beautiful Elven Princess by Aurora Wings. I can honestly say my first attempt wasn't looking that great so I stopped coloring and just watched Alyce. That was a experience on its own. The Color Along is taped so it will always be out there for me to refer back to.

A couple of nights ago I decided to give the image another try. I switched the colors used for the flowers and background, but still love how it turned out. I try to stay away from intricate images as they are always a challenge for me, but this time I took on the challenge and actually enjoyed it. My design was inspired by the Sunday Sketch & Stamp Sketch Challenge #202.

I'm entering this card into the following challenges ...
 - Aurora Wings Challenge #1 ~ Anything Goes
 - Aurora Wings Facebook April 2014 Contest ~ Birthday Cards or Cards with Sentiments
 - Sunday Sketch & Stamp Sketch Challenge #202 (shown below)


***********************************************


My son's best friend, Jordan, is getting married next month, and when I saw this amazing Wedding Couple, Bride & Groom last week by Aurora Wings I really HAD to have it! Jordan is like another member of my family, considered a big brother to Katie, and is an amazing young man.

I was going for elegance when creating this card. My design was inspired by Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge #483 (SC483).

I'm entering this card into the following challenges ...
 - Aurora Wings Challenge #1 ~ Anything Goes
 - Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge #483 (SC483) (shown below)

Well I hope you enjoyed seeing my cards this evening.

Until next time ...

Ruza

Products used for both cards: 
 - Cardstock: (1) Neenah Solar White 80# Smooth, Paper Studio Heavy Weight Black, BoBunny Bold & Bright Double Dot DP; (2) Neenah Solar White 80# Smooth, Papertry Ink White & Soft Stone, The Paper Company White Elegant Leaf DP
 - Ink: Copic Markers, Chalk Pencils, and Clear Star Pen for the wedding card
 - Other (1): Want2Scrap LeCreme Baby Bling Pearls, SRM Fancy Sticker Sentiments #55004 Thanks
 - Other (2): A Muse Studio Organdy Ribbon Sugar, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots, American Crafts Knock-Out Punch

 

Comments

Tenia Nelson said…
Awesome creations!!! :)
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh WOW, Ruza! These are both just fabulous! Definitely worth stretching your wings as your coloring is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining our very first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD
DonnaMundinger said…
Oh Ruza, unless you do a second post for your wedding card, it can't be counted since it doesn't have a number of it's own and Linky won't take two posts from the same URL. You could just copy and paste the second one to a new post if you like and enter that one with a new number. xxD
DonnaMundinger said…
Just noticed you did enter the second but it must be linked to a blog post, and not just your blog. So sorry for the inconvenience but those are the rules and we must be fair to everyone. Please delete that one and enter it again under a new post. xxD
Gorgeous coloring and beautiful design on both cards, Ruza. Thank you for joining Aurora Wings' first challenge. Best wishes. Mitzi
Carole said…
Super card , great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week @ Sunday Sketch & Stamp.
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx