Enjoy the little things

I really enjoyed making this next card.  It's being brought to you today compliments of The Play Date Cafe Challenge #71.  The theme this week is called Color Splash

The main colors of the card is Black & White, and then you add a Splash of one other color.  I think this technique makes a dramatically elegant card. 

This lovely card was created with Darcie's Little Things (POL27) set.  I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the branch, bird, and the sentiment.  Memento Rose Bud was used for the flowers.  I love how the color just pops off the white background.  The PP is from DCWV The Dots, Strips & Plaids Matstack, and the base black and white paper is from Recollections.  Of course the first thing I did was use my Creative Memories Decorative Corner Punch.

I really love this concept, and how the finished product looks.

Here's to hoping that my design provides your with some inspiration to join in on some of the challenges going on right now.  There's still a little time to join in on the fun for this one.

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

massofhair said…
Perfect pop of pink, love your design and the DCWV paper which frames your card really well. Very elegant:-)
Unknown said…
Love this! Perfect pop of color.
Ruby said…
Very pretty card, I love how you've made your little pop of colour on your flowers, lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!
Ruza, I like your pop of color among the flowers. Very elegant indeed! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe again. :)
Jaclyn Miller said…
Fantastic splash of color Ruza! Thanks for continuing to play along at The Cafe.
Lisa Petrella said…
Fabulous splash of pink, Ruza!!