Hello Friend ...

This is my second post of the day.  To see my Woodlands Friends post please go here.

I just realized that I really didn't follow the sketch 100% for the Just Us Girls Sketch Challenge #74.  Since I don't have time to create another card with the deadline for submittals being today, this will have to do. ;D

I will also be submitting this card to Paper Smooches to be considered for the Guest Designer spot.

I pulled out a lot of Bazzill scraps that I had laying around for this card.  The embossed background was in the same pile.  I embossed the paper for one of the PaperCraft Call for Submissions and never used it, until today.  It is a great background to showcase the new Friendly Flowers set I got in the mail today.  I stamped the flower six times, fussy cut them, used a brad in the center to connect the layers, and put it on the side.  I used my copic markers to go over the embossed part of the pattern, and to color in the sentiment.  The ribbon is from my hubby; it was part of a gift basket from his trip last weekend.

I really love this flower!  I used to draw flowers like this when I was a younger.

Products used for this creation are ...
- Stamps:  Paper Smooches Friendly Flowers
- Paper:  Paper Studio Ivory Notecard, and Bazzill scraps
- Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, and Copic Markers YG17, G29, YR15, and the .035 Black Liner
- Other:  Yellow Brads, and ribbon from my hubby
- Tools:  QuicKutz Vines Embossing Folder, Creative Memories Corner Round Punch, Fiskars Fingertip Blade, and ATG

Here's to hoping that my take on the sketch provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create.

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

AKiteFlier said…
Oh lovely! WE aren't totally strict about our sketches - they are a jumping off point. Thanks for gettin' sketchy with JUGS this week. :-)
What a fun card! Love those cute blooms...they go perfectly with your sentiment :]

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!
Andrea M said…
What a fun, fun card Ruza!!! I love the font of the sentiment!!! Great job and wonderful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!
Elise said…
THIS card is SUCH fun, Ruza! Good thing we LOVE "interpretation" of our challenge guidelines - THAT'S the BEST! I adore your stunning use of complimentary color and GOOD clean fun with STAMPS! I think your use of the JUGS sketch was LOVELY! Thanks for sharing this darling piece with JUST US GIRLS! Yipeeee!