Lawn Fawn Catalog/Booth Challenge


Lawn Fawn is hosting their first Blog Challenge, if you haven't seen it here is the link ... Lawn Fawn Blog

I just recently found their stamps and I really loving them.  One of the stamp sets I bought was "Critters in the 'Burbs".  I was so happy that this was added to the list for the challenge.  This was a little challenging, but I enjoyed it tremendously. 

I created two (2) cards for this challenge.  The first card is "yay! .... yay!"


The "yay! ... yay!" represents the squirrels happiness at having all those lovely acorns around them. 

Here is how I created the card.  The base of the card is dark brown.  I stamped the acorn border onto orange cardstock, and colored them in with Prismacolor Pencils (Terra Cotta, Dark Brown and Tuscan Red).  I stamped the tree onto white cardstock for positioning and put it on the side.  I then stamped the trunk on brown cardstock and the bush part of the tree onto green cardstock, and cut them out.  Next step was to adhered the tree parts on top of the tree.  Next I added the blue sky with Jim Holz's Faded Jeans Distress Ink.  Now the grass ... using the JH Applicator I used StudioG Green Chalk like distress ink.  I then applied the grass using the Green Chalk and Versa Color Olive (61), and then blended it all together with the JH Applicator.  I knew I was going to need more acorns so I used the same orange cardstock and stamped, colored and cut them out.  I stamped the squirrels onto the same cardstock as the tree trunk, cut them out and adhered them to the card using adhesive and 1/4" pop dots under the tail.  I put one of the acorns in the hands of one squirrel before attaching to the card.  Added the balance of the acorns with adhesive and one with 1/4" pop dot right above the second squirrel.  Added the "yay!" 2-times at the top corners of the card.

Here is a close up of the squirrels.








I used the same cardstock colors for the second card. 


I used Martha Stewarts Double Loop punch at the bottom of the card base. This card cover was stamped with the butterfly from the set, and colored with copic markers. 

The person receiving the card upon opening will only see the beautiful butterflies.  When they open the card they will see "You're the cat's meow!" with a cat inside.

I would love to know your thought on these cards, so please leave a comment.

Thank you for stopping by.

Comments

Ruby said…
Ah this is so cute with the little acorns around the edge, and I love the butterfly background, must try that, it's so sweet! :)
Chan said…
These cards are GREAT, Ruza! :o) I love the acorn frame and scene you created, and I love how you stamped and coloured the butterflies diagonally -- it gives a look of movement! Fabulous work!