Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Wishes ... for JUGS #71 & DeNami Product Challenge #6

I learned something new while creating my card for the current Just Us Girls Challenge #71.  When you spotlight an item on a design you are actually using a technique, and that is exactly what the current JUGS challenge calls for.  It's called "Use the spotlighting technique"

I just got my new shipment of Lawn Fawns stamps, and as stated in my last post I also received my order from the Twinery.  I used the Lawn Fawn Lunar Lights set for this card, and as you can see only one of the Lights are hanging, and the others are just in the background.

I first created my own DP by stamping one of the Large Lunar Lights using Memento London Fog, and the I stamped another one onto some scrap DP I had with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and put it on the side.  I needed something to separate the two rows of lunar lights.  I pulled out some ribbon to use, but it didn't look right.  So I pulled out my Twine shipment from the Twinery, and found that the Maraschino Twine matched up nicely with the DP of the extra light.  I wrapped the twine around the card 2X's, tied a knot above where I was going to add the "Spotlight Lunar Light", and left the ends hanging down. I used two 1/2" 3-D Glue Dots to attach my Lunar Light making sure the twine hung out on the bottom.  To finish it off I stamped the "happy wishes" sentiment with Tuxedo Black over two of the lunar lights.

With the addition of Twine on this card, I am submitting another card for the DeNami Product Challenge #6, which is to create a project using Twine from The Twinery.

Products used ...
Stamps:  Lawn Fawn Lunar Lights
Paper:  Archiver's Burgandy, Gray and Peach, plus some scrap DP
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, and London Fog
Other:  The Twinery Maraschino Twine
Tools:  Scissors, 1/2" 3-D Glue Dots, and Adhesive


Here’s to hoping that my design provides you with some inspiration to go forth and create!

5 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

You've been receiving LOTS of crafty goodies in the mail and putting them to great use, Ruza!! LOVE your paper-pieced lantern and the way you have it hanging from the twine!!!! Awesome work!

Wendy said...

Ruza this is a great "spotlight" card. Perfect way to use the twine too!

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card incorporating the spotlight and the twine! Great job Ruza!!! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls and DeNami Design!!!

Stampin' Pam said...

Oh how cute - love the spotlighted bag :-) Sorry for the linky problems - thanks for playing along with JUGS this week!

sharon g said...

How cute. I love how you used spotted paper for the one lantern. And I LOVE TWINE!!! I feel like I am the one who discovered it, because I've been using cute twine for a few years now. :) Thanks for showing us your cute card.