Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thinking of You ...

This post is a little long, so please be patient as you go forward. 

The current challenge from Off the Wall Craftiness (#46) provides you with bright and cheerful colors to work with.  My original card was created last week using the newly released Spring Silhouettes by Wilson Design, which I won during the recent February Release Blog Hop. 

I originally thought the colors were red, light blue and yellow, and here is the card I created with the butterfly from the Spring Silhouette set, and the DeNami sentiment Happy Birthday stamp.

As I was getting ready to post my card last week I noticed that the colors were actually orange, light blue and orange.  So I created another card using stamps from the Wilson Design Ride Away with Me stamp set. 

Here are the inspiration photos. 


Products used for these cards ...
 - Stamps:  (card #1) Wilson Design Spring Silhouettes, and DeNami Design sentiment
                   (card #2) Wilson Design Ride Away with Me
 - Paper:  Blank White Card, Paper Studio, and scrap (both cards)
 - Ink:  (card #1) Memento Summer Sky and StazOn Blazing Red
            (card #2) Versafine Habenero, Memento Summer Sky, Copic Markers Bg10 Cool Shadow and B95 Light Grayish Cobalt
 - Other:   (card #1) Maraschino Twine from The Twinery
 - Tools:  (card #1) EKS 1" Circle Punch, EKS Photo Label Punch, 1/2" Glue Dots, and Adhesive
                (card #2) Adhesive

After looking at the challenge colors again I believe either card would work, so I will be submitting both of these cards for the current challenge. 

Here’s to hoping that my designs provides you with inspiration to go forth and create.

4 comments:

Carla Bazhenow said...

Your cards are fabulous!! Love those little hanging butterflies. Hugs, Carla

~Tammy~ said...

Red was fine Ruza! Adorable cards Ruza and I love that you used your new Wilson Design Stamps and I heart the hanging butterfly tags! Too cute! Thanks for joining us this week at OTWC. Good Luck!

Jaclyn Miller said...

That first card is so stunning. I love that row of red butterflies at the top and the ones hanging down. So glad you played along again this week at OTWC.

Dana said...

I love how you dangled those butterflies on twine! So unique!