Its Spring!


Love the focal point.  Now if only Spring would arrive here in Illinois!  Sigh! 

This lovely Spring card was created for the Off The Wall Craftiness Challenge #48 and The Paper Players Theme Challenge #37.  The lovely inspirational colors provided by OTWC, and the theme from PP called "Spring has Sprung" are the perfect combination.

I have to be honest with all of you.  Creating this card was a little challenging for me.  The concept in my head just didn't mesh with reality for 2 out of the 3 designs I tried.  So happy that the last one actually work.

Products used to create the vision in my head are ...
 - Wilson Design Spring Silhouettes Stamps
 - Paper Studio Ivory Notecard, DCWV The Dots, Stripes & Plaids Matstack, and the lovely ovals are from The Paper Cut
 - Memento Tuxedo Black & Rose Bud Ink, along with Studio G Yellow Chalk which I used around the flowers with a Darice Embossing Brush
 - The ribbon is from my husband which came in a gift basket he received last weekend in Texas during his FAM trip.  He thought of me when he saw the ribbon and brought me home several different colors.  I just love him!
 - The final touch was to add the Hero Arts Pearls to the center of the flower.

Here's to hoping that my design provides you with some inspiration to join in the fun.

Until next time ...

Comments

LeAnne said…
Spring WILL come eventually! Meanwhile, it's fun to look at your pretty card! Thanks for playing!
Lesley said…
This is lovely, you did a great job! Pretty colours. Thanks for playing with the Paper Players!
Ann Schach said…
Love the DSP, Ruza! The pearls are the perfect touch! The colors of this card are so springy. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players.
Nance Leedy said…
Good thing you kept at it until you made this lovely springtime card! I love the colors and all those pearls. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!
jaydee said…
Ruza, isn't it amazing how sometimes what's going on in your mind doesn't always seem the same when you put it on paper? I'm so glad you kept at it though, because I love this. The colors really are so fresh for spring and the little pearls in the middle of the flowers really remind me that spring is on its way. Mind you, with another 6" coming our way, I'm beginning to think it's never going to get here. Thanks for reminding me of what I have to look forward to.
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee
Tenia Nelson said…
What a super cute card!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!
~Tammy~ said…
This is great Ruza! I would have never guessed you struggled at all! Thanks for joining us at OTWC and thanks for using WD stamps! Totally adorable! Good Luck!
Carla said…
Beautiful card, Ruza. I love those colors, I'm posting one in pinks and greens this week too. Great minds...

I'm in Peoria, our rain is to change to snow tonight!!! You too?

Hugs,
Jaclyn Miller said…
This is great Ruza - you've used your Wilson Designs stamps perfectly. Love that sentiment framed with all those flowers. Thanks for playing along at OTWC.