Smile ... Skipping Stones Design

This is the first time I am participating in the challenge over at Skipping Stones Design ... Sketch #69.  I found out about this challenge site from the very talented Michele.  She is on their Guest Design Team for the month of March.


Used some new goodies to create this fun card.  I pulled out some Bazzill & Recollection scraps to create the blossom with my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities Blossom Die.  This blossom is perfect for the small blossom from Paper Smooches Friendly Flowers set, which I stamped on the top layer with Rhubarb Stalk from Memento.  I inked up the adorable bee with Tuxedo Black from Memento, stamped him onto yellow paper and fussy cut him out.  This guy came in my mail this week from Paper Smooches, and is part of the new Giddy Bugs set.  Isn't he adorable?  The sentiment is from the same set. 

I had my cardstock for the card and background layers picked out.  So I trimmed them down, used my decorative corner punch on the background colors, and layered it all together.  I layed the blossom on the card to decide on the positioning of the leafy stem, stamped the leafy stem with black ink, and again on green scrap paper.  Fussy cut the leaves and attached them with mini glue dots, attached the blossom and adorable bee with pop dots.  Last step was to add the sentiment and the dotted line behind the bee.

Now for those of you wondering where you can get this adorable little guy.  The Giddy Bugs set is one of Paper Smooches new releases coming out in April.   Use the link to head over to their store, and sign up to Join their mailing list for update to date information on their releases.

I hope you enjoy my take on the sketch.

Thank you for stopping by.


Products Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Paper Smooches Friendly Flowers and Giddy Bugs
 - Paper:  Paper Cut Peppered Moss, DCWV Textured Brights (Orange), DCWV Linen Closet Matstock, Paper Studio (Yellow), and Bazzill & Recollection Scraps
 - Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black and Rhubarb Stalk
 - Tools:  Nestabilities Blossom Die (S4-192), Creative Memories Decorative Corner Punch, Scissors, All Night Media Pop Dots & Mini Pop Dots, 3/16" Mini Glue Dots, and ATG

Comments

Jingle said…
Adorable card! So cute! Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD!
Barb Turpin said…
Sweet card - so glad you're playing along with the Sketch Challenge at Skipping Stones Design.