Spring is Here! ... Hello Friend


As stated in my last post Spring has arrived in Round Lake Beach, IL.  The forecast is calling for 60's tomorrow, with 50's thru the weekend.  Of course, they're also calling for rain.  Spring showers bring may flowers. ;D

My second card was made for the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #47.



After stamping the images, I used a couple of copic markers to darken up the dots along the wavy border and darken up the branch a bit.  The blooms were not touched.  I rubbed the Memento Cottage Ivy ink over the scalloped circle to match the color of the wavy border.

Even though this card looks simple, it took me a while to get the look I wanted.  I stamped the stamps onto three different types of card stock until I like one.

Product spotlights ...
Stamps:  Darcie's POL27 Little Things Clear Stamps Set, and the sentiment from Wilson Design Spring Silhouettes set
Paper:  Paper Cut, Bazzill Dotted Swiss, DCWV Textured Brights Matstack
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa, Ross Bud and Cottage Ivy, and Copic Markers G29 & E59
Tools:  Nestabilities Scalloped Circles, ATG, and 3/16" Mini Glue Dots

Here's to hoping that you enjoy my Spring Card.

Thank you for stopping by.

Comments

Unknown said…
Lovely spring card, perfect for Wee Memories challenge this week!
Carla said…
This is beautiful, Ruza! I love the extra bit of coloring, really makes it pop! hugs,
Laurel Beard said…
Oh I love this, especially the wavy lines! Very unique. Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories Ruza!
CinnamonSally said…
Stunning little card Ruza, thanks for joining us at Wee Memories this week.
Chan said…
Love your spring card, Ruza -- beautifully done! :o)
Laurie said…
Ruza this is so pretty! I love those blossoms on the tree! Great green card! :)
Jenny said…
Very pretty spring card!
Amy Kolling said…
I love the flowering branch! Those blossoms are beautiful!!!