Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hey Chickie let's play

When I saw the Wild Card Challenge over at Just Us Girls (#82) I wanted to play along.  See they were challenging us to use a technique I've never done before; the Emboss Resist Technique. 


I went to Splitcoast Stampers to check out their tutorial here.  This helped tremendously.  I really love that Just Us Girls provides these links.

I pulled out my new stamps from Paper Smoochers ... the Chubby Chums.  I think the Chickie is sooo adorable, and the sentiments work great with this one.  I used the Emboss Resist Technique with the sentiments on cream cardstock.  Then I stamped the Chickie on yellow, orange and white cardstock.  All the pieces were fussy cut and layered together.  Here is a close-up of the adorable Chickie, and you can also see the embossed flowers better here too!

I used Tiffany's Sketch TG017, and was thinking about the Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge #54 - Paper Piecing while I was creating this fun card.

I hope you enjoy my design and it provides you with inspiration to go forth and create!  Thanks for stopping by.


Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Paper Smooches Chubby Chums
 - Paper:  Bazzill Basics Red, Yellow, Orange Scrap & PRN Daisy Embossed Cardstock, and Neenah Cream
 - Ink:  Inkssentials Watermark Resist, Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, and Memento Tuxedo Black
 - Extras:  SET Ribbon Lace, American Craft Scarlet Ribbon, and Recollections Rhinestones
 - Tools:  Archiver's Static Away, Tim Holtz Applicator with sponge, Scissors, and All Night Media Mini Pop Dots

6 comments:

Tiff said...

THis is super cute!!! Love that little chickie! And that technique ROCKS! Thanks for using my sketch :)

Elise said...

Wish you could hear me snickering, Ruza! This is SUCH a clever and positively DARLING showcase for the JUST US GIRLS technique this week! I LOVE, love, love it when you join in the fun of JUGLAND! You're a DOLL!

Andrea M said...

Ruza! Your card is completely brilliant! Love the slanted sentiment background! So wonderful! What an AWESOME take on the emboss resist technique! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is just too cute girl!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Another adorable card!!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee memories!!!

Dana Gustafson said...

OK! Let's play! What a darling card! Thanks for joining Just Us Girls!