Sailin' By to Say Hi! ...


When I saw this challenge by Embellish Magazine I knew I had to use some of my new stamps that are perfect for creating a "Nautical Card".

I really love their sponsor for this challenge.  DeNami Design has so many cute stamps to create with.  I don't have any of their Nautical Stamps but managed to create a great Nautical scene for this challenge.

To create the skyline I used a 1" circle punch on a post-it note, positioned it, and used sponges with many different inks.  The sand was created with ripped tan cardstock, and distressed with different inks and layered at the bottom of the skyline.  The sailboats were stamped and paper pieced together, attached with my Quickie Glue Pen and 3D Foam Squares.  The pillar was stamped onto tan cardstock, distressed, and paper pieced with the Seagull standing on top.  To finish off the card I stamped several birds in the sky.

Here is a side view of the card ...

I even finished off the inside of the card ...

Hope my design inspires you to go forth and create!

Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Paper Smooches Surf & Turf, and Wilson Designs Nauti-Cool
 - Paper:  Neenah Solar White, DeNami, Bazzill Red & Blue Scraps
 - Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain, Studio G Pigment Ink - Yellow & Red, and Versa Color Orange
 - Tools:  Fiscars Scissors, EKS 1" Circle Punch, Post-it-Note, Tim Holtz Adapter & Sponge, Darice Embossing Brushes, ATG, Quickie Glue Pen, 3/16" Mini Glue Dots, and 3D Foam Squares

Comments

Colleen said…
Ruza~ This is beautiful! Fabulous!!!
~Colleen :)
Cristina said…
So cute! Love that burning sun, and how great that you finished off the inside! That's something I always forget to do. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!