Celebrate ...


Talk about procrastinating!  I finished the card I created for this weeks CAS-ual Friday's Challenge #13 last Friday night! 

My hubby's co-worker, Maggie, asked me to make an "Anniversary" card for her.  This was my first order from the outside world!

This challenge came to mind, and I knew that I could complete the card for Maggie and submit it for this weeks challenge.
I pulled out my Insightful Meadows Unity set, and stamped the lovely flowers, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and then dry embossed yellow and orange onto the flowers.  Tied my bow on, and added the heart trinket by sewing it into the ribbon with nylon thread.  The last step was the sentiment.  I went back and forth quite a bit before deciding on "Celebrate" from Unity's Sentiments O'Simple stamp set, and heat embossing it with white embossing powder.

Here is a close-up of the bow!

I then stamped this sentiment on the inside of the card.
Now I emailed Maggie these pictures so she could approve the card before sending to work with my hubby.  Maggie loved it.  After receiving the card, Maggie sent me an email stating that the card was "perfect" for the couple she was sending it to, and that it looked so much nicer in person. 

Here's to hoping you like my card as much as Maggie did!

Thanks for stopping by!

Product Spotlight ...
 - Stamps:  Unity Insightful Meadows & Sentiments O'Simple
 - Paper:  Bazzill French Vanilla & Burgundy
 - Ink:  Inkssentials Watermark Resist, Stampendous White Embossing Powder, Studio G Yellow Pigment, Versa Color Orange, and Mementos Tuxedo Black
 - Extras:  DeNami 5/8" White Iridescent Ribbon, and My Mind's Eye "Love" Trinkets
 - Tools:  Embossing Gun, Darice Embossing Brushes, Needle, and my ATG

Comments

Anonymous said…
Beautiful! Love the rich colors and those light flowers really pop on the card base, fab CAS design! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)
Lubna said…
This is so elegant! What a gorgeous card!
Michele Gross said…
Really beautiful Ruza! Its rich and elegant and uses the space perfectly! Glad you came to play with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Dana said…
Ruza this is beyond beautiful. I'm in awe. I love everything about it! What a perfect card for the CAS-ual Friday challenge. just wow.
Laurie said…
Absolutely stunning!! Russ this is just gorgeous!! Wow!! I am so glad you played along this week
Danica said…
Really cute! great job!
Linda said…
I love the flowers and that ribbon the yellowe are so pretty!
Erin said…
This card really is beautiful! Love that you stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card
jennifer mitten said…
This is stunning, truly!!
Ruby said…
Very pretty card.
Jocelyn Olson said…
This card is beyond striking! I love the way you embossed the flowers--gorgeous color. The bow and tag are perfect!!
Marilyn Nimmo said…
WOW! Love the colors and elegance of this card.
Jen M said…
This is gorgeous! YOur bow is perfect. :)
Amber Sheaves said…
This is beautiful! i love that stamp.
Amber Sheaves said…
This is beautiful! I love that stamp.
sharon g said…
Simple and elegant..
GOOOOOOOORGEOUS! LOVE the flower colors!!! Great mix!