Talk about procrastinating! I finished the card I created for this weeks CAS-ual Friday's Challenge #13 last Friday night!
My hubby's co-worker, Maggie, asked me to make an "Anniversary" card for her. This was my first order from the outside world!
This challenge came to mind, and I knew that I could complete the card for Maggie and submit it for this weeks challenge.
I pulled out my Insightful Meadows Unity set, and stamped the lovely flowers, heat embossed it with white embossing powder, and then dry embossed yellow and orange onto the flowers. Tied my bow on, and added the heart trinket by sewing it into the ribbon with nylon thread. The last step was the sentiment. I went back and forth quite a bit before deciding on "Celebrate" from Unity's Sentiments O'Simple stamp set, and heat embossing it with white embossing powder.
Here is a close-up of the bow!
I then stamped this sentiment on the inside of the card.
Now I emailed Maggie these pictures so she could approve the card before sending to work with my hubby. Maggie loved it. After receiving the card, Maggie sent me an email stating that the card was "perfect" for the couple she was sending it to, and that it looked so much nicer in person.
Here's to hoping you like my card as much as Maggie did!
Thanks for stopping by!
Product Spotlight ...
- Stamps: Unity Insightful Meadows & Sentiments O'Simple
- Paper: Bazzill French Vanilla & Burgundy
- Ink: Inkssentials Watermark Resist, Stampendous White Embossing Powder, Studio G Yellow Pigment, Versa Color Orange, and Mementos Tuxedo Black
- Extras: DeNami 5/8" White Iridescent Ribbon, and My Mind's Eye "Love" Trinkets
- Tools: Embossing Gun, Darice Embossing Brushes, Needle, and my ATG