Just a note ...

I hope you had a marvelous weekend.  We celebrated my daughter, Katie's, 20th Birthday!  She loved all of her presents, and going out to dinner!  I'm sending a cake to school so she can celebrate with her classmates today. Enough of that ...

Sassy Studio Designs is the Sponsor for this weeks Challenge over at
The theme for Challenge #115 is "Inspired by a Movie"!


While looking thru my Sassy images I chose to work with Country Donna which you can find at the SSD Store here.  She reminds me of Ellie Mae Clampett from The Beverly Hillbillies.  Yes, this was a movie in 1993 and it was based on the television series from the '70's. 

I thought about making her overalls pink with a white tee in honor of reconnecting with my friend Teena on FB, whom I hung out with as a teenager.  There is a picture of us in pink overalls that I'm hoping she doesn't post on FB. LOL!   Alas, I didn't go in that direction ... I chose my colors based on another '70's show called Green Acres.

I used the sketch for the current


Now head on over to the SSD Blog to see what the other Design Team members created to inspire you, and then hop over to The Crazy Challenge Blog for all the details about the challenge.  Maybe you'll be inspired to combine the challenges like I did!

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other projects used ... AC Evergreen cardstock, Neenah Solar White, DP from Happily Lost by Lilybee Design, and Bazzill scraps, Copic Markes, May Arts Ribbon from "My Craft's Prize package", Recollections Rhinestone, Me & My Big Ideas Icons, Thinking of You Sentiment from SRM Stickers #51006, Nestabilities S4-142 Long Rectangles Large & S4-239 Classic Scalloped Border Petites, A Muse Studio Word Windows Die, Scrapbook Adhesive Tape & 3D Foam Squares, Mini - Micro & Pop Up Glue Dots, Fiskars Scissors & Fingertip Blade, and my trust ATG.

Comments

Kate said…
Very cute card love the colors.

Hugs,
Kate
Anonymous said…
What a bright and fun card!
Gloria said…
OMG!! This is so cute and what a fun layout. I love the colors you used and the coloring is fantastic.
~Tammy~ said…
This is really cute and beautiful coloring!
Cute card...I love the bright colors and your take on the DTBST sketch. I can't believe you cut out the pitchfork. Kudos to you for that.
Shelby said…
Love the color palette you chose for this design. So bright and cheery it's like jumpin off the screen at me!

Shelby
Ellen said…
I do remember The Beverly Hilbillies, but that's really a long time ago. I'm getting old... ☺.
Great card on our theme; thanks for joining us this week at TCC!

groetjes, Ellen