Just a note ...

This is my second post today, so if you're looking for my
Sassy Studio Designs post please scroll down. ;o)

I love learning new techniques, and the challenge this week at Just Us Girls (#132) has a super cool technique challenge that I just had to try!  The technique is called "Sponging a Layer" and you can learn more about it here. I combined the technique with the Scrapbook & Cards Color Suite Challenge for April

I'm going to say this now ... I LOVE IT ... the results are super awesome. 

Have a look ...
After I made my first card (above), I had so much fun that I had to make some more ...



Last month the hubby asked me to make a set of cards for a prize they will give out for the Scavenger Hunt at his Annual Meeting in Atlanta, GA in June.  I showed these to my husband, and he thought that I adhered ribbon to my card. When I told him it was all 1-layer he was shocked, and he really loved them.  I told him that I will be make a set of 12 cards using this technique with different flowers and colors. 

Here are the inspiration photos ...


Since I used my DeNami stamps for this challenge, I'm also submitting them for the current DeNami Theme Challenge #10.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Products used ... G109 Single Daisy, D75 Small Daisy Bloom & TR16 All Occasion Sentiment Stamp Set from DeNami Design, Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress Ink and Copic Markers, Scrap Paper and a Dauber.

Comments

~Tammy~ said…
Beautiful Ruza! Also awesome job working in those challenges! :-) Have a good week!
Paulina said…
Wow, these are so cool, Ruza! What a fun technique!

Great job on creating these one layer cards- thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!
Dana said…
These are awesome Ruza!! Such a cool technique. Your bold color choices really stand out! Thanks for playing along with the Denami challenge:)
Emily Keaton said…
Ruza, your one-layered cards are stunning!! That is an awesome technique. And you picked such cheery DeNami stamps to use with it!! I love your entry in our OLC challenge this month--thanks for playing along!
Lisa Kind said…
What a pretty set of cards! So glad you liked the technique I chose for this week! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!
Vicki Dutcher said…
Gorgeous job with the technique! Love the colors you chose~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!
Lynn said…
I love this set. They are absolutely stunning! Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!
Lisa Elton said…
Wow Ruza what a pretty display of cards! Love your bright happy colors and thanks for the info on the fun technique!
Tina M said…
These are just amazing! Love the technique and the wonderful rich colors you chose!
Shelby said…
You are definitely rockin this technique! Thanks for the link...I may have to give it a try.

Shelby
Lisa Petrella said…
WOW! What an AWESOME technique!!! And I LOVE how your flowers really POP against the sponging!!! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Challenge!!!
Awesome!!! I used the same technique although I didn't think to call it "sponging a layer" LOL but that is what I did. Although I find the post it labels the best for that type of masking so the card doesn't move. Plus I can cut out an image to mask it as I did with my pirate chickie. I love this technique and it comes in handy often even on multiple layer cards. :) Great job!!