Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Celebrate ...


This CAS card was created for the current CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #62 ~ Back in Black.  I really love that song so thank you for bringing back some fond memories.


I used the sketch from Waltzingmouse Challenge #107 and just realized that I need to use one of their stamps to submit for their challenges.  They offer a couple Free Digital stamps, so I will have to revisit this challenge before Friday. ;o)


When I saw this sketch I knew it was time to pull out the stamp set  I won from CAS-ual Friday's 1-yr Anniversary.  We have Savor Sweet Cupcakes from Simon Says Stamp which I paper pieced.  I figured this card can be used for either a birthday or celebration for a promotion or a new job.  Will probably end up being a birthday card.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used ... Black Paper from my stash, A Muse Studio Lemon Whip cardstock, Bazzill and Neenah Solar White scraps, Charcoal Twine from The Twinery, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink from Tim Holtz, Dauber, Craft - Mini & Micro Glue Dots, 3D Foam Square and my trusty ATG.

6 comments:

Jovan said...

Wonderful card!

Shelby said...

Love your take on the sketch and the yellow makes the card!

Shelby

Kim Kelley said...

What a sweet card. Love the yellow with the black!Hugs!

Deb said...

Fabulous job with the sketch and using black! Adorable image. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

You nailed the challenges!! I love the yellow that you chose as it is perfect to making a cohesive design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lynn said...

Super cute! love your card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!