Back to School Blog Hop ...



Good morning and welcome to the DeNami Design Back to School Blog Hop. Today we are using DeNami Design stamps to create fun projects for school. 

If you arrived at my blog from the very talented Wendy, you are on the right track.  However, if you just arrived or get lost along the way head on over to the DeNami Blog for a complete list of the participants.


I designed a 3-1/2 x 5 card based on the sketch shown below and it was so easy to put together.  I really love the design so I'm going to actually make a set of these for Katie's teacher for Christmas.  The adorable Teacher Chickie (D129) is the main focus of the card.  I colored her in with some Faber Castell Art Grip Color Pencils, applied Festive Berries Distress Ink from Tim Holtz around the edges, and then attached it to my design.

My design is based on this sketch ...

Blog Hop Details ...
- Starts on Sunday, September 9th at 6:00 AM PST
- Ends on Monday, September 10th at 11:59 PM PST
- Prizes from the DeNami on-line store consists of (1) $20.00 Gift Certificate to (3) lucky DeNami fans ... (2) commenters and (1) random participant.

To qualify for one of the Gift Certificates all you have to do is "leave a comment" for all of the designers participating in today's hop. Easy right!

Your next stop for this month's Blog Hop is another very talented lady ... Dana.

Thank you for hopping with us today!

I'm also submitting this card for the following challenges ...
Friday Mashup Challenge #75 ~ Back to School

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used ... A Muse Studio Cherry and Neenah Solar White cardstock, Homemade 6-Bean Soup Mini Pad DP by Jillibean Soup, Nestabilities Octagon Die, Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork Die, Craft Glue Dots, Dauber, 3D Foam Squares and my trusty ATG.

Comments

Unknown said…
Ruza, this is awesome! I LOVE those pretty scrolls (great take on the sketch by the way) and how they perfectly accent the chickie!
Deb said…
Ruza, love that Teacher chickie! Fabulous job with the sketch!
Tenia Nelson said…
Awesomeness, dearie!!
Unknown said…
So cute!! I love the swirls! This is great!
Stacy said…
Oh I like how you worked with this sketch and the teacher chickie is just perfect for it!
Unknown said…
What a fun bright card. Great job!
Christine said…
Great card. I love simple teacher cards that can be made into sets without too much trouble.
Unknown said…
Great job using the sketch. I love the accents behind the teacher chick.
Christine Zani said…
great card, love seeing all the new die cuts out there - thanks for hopping!
Tracey McNeely said…
Love the splash in the centre with the cute chickie!
Brenda said…
Great take on the sketch and your card is perfect for back to school...love the bright colors.
Emily Keaton said…
Ruza, I just LOVE your design for this super-sweet card! The red scrolls really pop against that pretty yellow textured background, and your teacher chickie couldn't look any cuter!!! FABULOUS!!
Geri said…
Love wee chickie amidst the red scrolls! Love the colors you used as well!
Julie said…
Great card, love the swirls
Amy Schumacher said…
Awesome take on that sketch! That die cut is stunning! WOW!
Heidi said…
Her teacher will love it... and I adore the lovely die cuts behind the cute little chickie.
Tina M said…
Super cute, Ruza! I love how the chickie really stands out and packs a punch...adorable!
Cardcrafter said…
Pretty card! I like the swirl flourishes!
Lisa Elton said…
Great card Ruza, the flourishes are wonderful!!
Cynthia Baldwin said…
Love the swirls you created - so elegant, and they really make your teacher chickie stand out. :)
Jennifer said…
Ruza, so cute! Love those flourishes! ;)
Dixieglitzie said…
i love the flourishes is your card. they just seem so "girly" to me:)
Denise Bryant said…
Love the hex shape layer and that cute chickie!
DeniseB
~Tammy~ said…
I love your take on the sketch and those flourishes are a wonderful balancing touch!
Dana said…
I know I said I loved this on FB but I had to come here and say it too! LOVE!
Miriam Prantner said…
Love this! The scroll dies are fabulous and really stand out against the red and I love how you added color/texture to the background of the stamped image!
stampinfun71 said…
well done! I love how you have made the teacher chickie the focus....the scrollwork is very very pretty!
Now Stampin said…
The chickie is the star here. She is so cute. Great card
Lisa Petrella said…
SO SWEET! I LOVE how those beautiful swirls really draw attention to the super cute chickie focal point!!!
Shelby said…
Awesome CAS card and love how you've used the scroll die cuts.

Shelby