Back to School Challenge ...


Today is my first official post as a member of the Meljen's Designs Design Team.


Every Thursday there is a NEW Challenge for you to play along with. 

This week our Challenge is #126
... Back to School ...
which is very appropriate for this time of year


I combined two of the Meljen's stamps for today's project ... we have Checkered Apple Frame and Book Girl.

I printed both stamps, colored them with my Copic Markers, and fussy cut them out.  I actually cut out the inside of the frame so that I could place some Slate cardstock behind the frame to the create a chalkboard.  I added some twine for the stars to hang from, attached Book Girl with Glue Dots & 3D Foam Squares, popped a 3D Foam Square under the small star, and then used a Gellyroll Clear Star Pen to outline the girl.  I added some Graph Paper onto Cherry cardstock, and then popped on the my combined stamps with Glue Dots & 3D Foam Squares with the final touch of adding the gem for her earring.

Here's a closer look at Book Girl ...
Copic Markers: E00, E02 & E11 (skin), Yr14, YR24, YR23 & YR31 (hair), RV14, RV69 & RV66 (shirt & hair tie),
B95, B99 & B28 (skirt & shoes), E35 & E09 (book bag)

I really enjoyed putting this card together and it will be perfect for Katie's teacher.

Some information about the Meljen's Challenges ...
  • We ask that use a Meljen's Stamp to participate in all of our challenges to qualify for one of the prizes.
  • Don't have any Meljen's Stamps? No worries there, the Owner Melissa offers some FREEBIE's that you can use to participate in our Challenges.  Go here to see the FREEBIE's.
  • Melissa also offers Random Freebie over on our Facebook page so you may want to come on over and like us! ;o)
I hope you'll take the time to check out what the rest of the Design Team created for this weeks challenge over on our Meljen's Designs Design Team & Challenge Blog, grab a Freebie, and also head on over to the Meljen's Store to pick up some of these lovely stamps.

Combining the images was inspired by the current OCL Challenge #132.


Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used ... Neenah Solar White cardstock, Cherry - Slate & Graph Paper cardstock from A Muse Studio, Fiskars Scissors & Fingertip Blade, Needle, Lemonade Twine by the Twinery, Micro Dot Twinkle Sticker from A Muse Studio, Mini & Micro Glue Dots, 3D Foam Squares and my trusty ATG.
 

Comments

Unknown said…
I LOVE this Ruza!! :) She is too cute.. Love her and her books.. and you did such an awesome job on this card!
Shelby said…
Congrats on your new DT! I'm sure you'll do amazing. Love how you've colored her up and she makes for the perfect back to school card.

Shelby
~Tammy~ said…
Congrats Ruza!!! This is an awesome way to kick off your new DT. Love your BTS card!