Breast Cancer Awareness ...


During the month of September Link Up for Pink announced their 2nd Annual Link Up for Pink Party starting on October 1st.  I knew immediately that I would join the Party. 

I haven't told many about this, but last year during my annual mammogram they found something on my x-ray so I had to go back for an ultrasound.  I was really terrified but my mind told me I was okay, I didn't believe it was cancer.  I'm happy to say that I was correct ... it was a cyst.  This is what I thought when I was originally told I needed to go back in, but I was still terrified.  To say this was a relief is putting it mildly. So we ... my hubby, doctor & I ... will continue the self-exams and annual mammograms to make sure that nothing changes.

This was not my first experience dealing with cysts.  I had about a dozen cysts removed from my right wrist when I was 18-yrs old ... one of them was the size of a quarter, and shaped like a football.  I was very lucky not to loose the use of my dominant hand.


After I created this card I found out that my first 2-months of my 2nd term as a Sassy Studio Designs Designer would be creating for the Dare to be Sassy Thursdays Challenge.  So this is my first week back creating for the DTBST Challenge, and Challenge #145 is "Breast Cancer Awareness"

Here is a closer look at Sassy Studio Designs Pink Ribbon stamp ...
Copic Markers used ... E00, E11 & E13 (skin), R29 (lips), BG23 (eyes), RV32 & W0 (makeup),
E09, YR18 & YR14 (hair), RV10, RV14 & RV13 (top), RV66 (ribbon),
B93, B95 & B97 (jeans), E19 (shoes)

My design is based on the Deconstruction Sketch shown below. 


The rest of the SSD Design Team has created some amazing projects to inspire and encourage you to remember the importance of getting your annual mammogram so make sure you head on over to the SSD Blog to see their projects, and you can also link up your Link Up For Pink Party project while you're there.

You will also find lots of inspiration over on the Link Up For Pink Blog

The ladies over at the Link Up For Pink Blog are amazing to remind us all on a regular basis about the importance of having our Annual Mammograms.  Believe me when I say I will never forget!

I'm submitting this card for the Copic Oz Think Pink Challenge.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used ... Neenah Solar White & Bazzill Strawberry Splash cardstock, Bold & Bright Dots DP by Bo Bunny, Happy Day DP by My Mind's Eye, EKS Arch Scallop Punch, Recollections Rhinestones, Maya Road Trinket Heart Pins, White Crocheted Flower (hand made by me), Antique Linen Distress Ink by Tim Holtz, Dauber, Mini & Pop Up Glue Dots, 3D Foam Squares, and my trusty ATG.

Comments

Kate said…
Gorgeous. Beautiful crochet flowers.
Lori Comeau said…
Beautiful card. Love the flower and the use of the stick pins.
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/
Kathy said…
This came out great Ruza. Love your coloring, the pretty flourishes and the stick pins. Thanks for sharing your story, glad things turned out well.
Hugs~Kathy
Esther said…
Darling card and great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining us at Link Up For Pink!!!
JoanieMc said…
A really cute card. Love the image and your design is great. Thanks for joining Link Up for Pink and good luck in the draw.

Hugs
Joanie
Ruza, this is so pretty! Love your coloring and all the added details. Great border punch.
Mary G. said…
Love it Ruza! That flower and the pins are a wonderful addition!!
Robin said…
So glad you're OK. That can be so scary. Love your coloring and your take on the sketch is gorgeous. Hugs, Robin
About Us! said…
Very pretty card!! Love the crochet flower and the bling!
Blessings, Cheryl
Thank you for joining Link Up for Pink, hope to see more of your cards entered.
Anonymous said…
Beautiful card! So glad to hear that your cyst was not cancerous, but very important to continue self exams and yearly boobie checks ;) thanks for joining us and helping us spread BCA at LUFP!

Many blessings,
Zeni
www.scrappyzeni.com
Kathy Jones said…
What a totally SASSY card!!! Fab image and I'm so glad your results have been nothing serious!! Thanks so much for playing the Copic Oz Challenge and helping us raise funds for the McGrath Foundation!!!
Star said…
Adorable! I love all the details, especially the pins!