Scrapbooking with Tanner Bell Designs ...


Last week I announced that I'm a Designer for Tanner Bell Designs.  Tanner is a young man who sees his stamps being used for more than just creating cards. So here I am on a Tuesday morning sharing some pages I created for Katie's 2012 Album.  I have to admit that this project takes me outside of my comfort zone.  Fair warning ... I really am not a Scrapbooker.


You may, or may not, be aware that my daughter Katie is Moderate to Severally Cognitively Challenged.  She is 20-yrs old, and she brings us lots of joy at the same time she challenges us on a daily basis.  Last year Katie's school [SEDOL Transition Program] received a Grant to participate in a local Hippotherapy Program.  So Katie and several of her piers went to a local barn for Hippotherapy, and she had an awesome time.  Hippotherapy is an Equine Therapy Program for Disabled Children.

This was not Katie's first introduction to horses.  She visited a Hippotherapy Program a couple of times during High School.  The one time she got up on a horse she was terrified, and had to get off immediately.  Back then she preferred to just brush the horses down. 

After meeting Stryker, my daughter-in-law Lauren's horse, Katie became more at ease with horses.  Hence her willingness to get on a horse and truly enjoy the experience.

Here is a closer look at each of the pages ...



I used Tanner's Chevron Grunge stamp to create the background for my layout.  As you can see I started with just adding the Chevron Grunge to the top and bottom of my page, and then as I was putting the second page together I realized how empty it looked.  HA!  So I used the stamp on the whole page. They are not a perfect match, but I know Katie will love it!

The Chevron is part of the Diamond/Chevron Grunge stamp set.
 

You can find these stamps in Tanner Bell Designs store here.

In closing of this post I wanted to share the said news that we lost Stryker in July this year to an unfortunate illness.  I wanted to share a picture of Katie, Lauren, and Stryker from April 14th this year.


Rest in peace Stryker and know that you were truly loved by all.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza
 

Comments

~Tammy~ said…
My son did Hippotherapy in Hawaii and it was wonderful. I understand the joys and the challenges! Have not found a place since we moved and he does not show interest here plus the weather is not has kind either cold or extreme heat.

Your layout is wonderful!