Congratulations ...


It's Election Day here in the US.  I went out earlier today and voted, and I hope you did also. 

Time has been flying by lately, and last Thursday night I realised I hadn't made a Confirmation card for our nephew yet. The hubby tells me you have another day to make one. Love that man. He was correct, and this is what I created.


I went thru all of my stamps ... Digital, Rubber, and Clear Stamps ... and finally went with Designed2Delights Old Rugged Cross.  After coloring the stamp with Copic Markers, I fussy cut it out, distressed the background, and attached the cross with Mini Glue Dots & 3D Foam Tape.  The sentiment is from Tanner Bell Designs It's a Baby stamp set.

Here is a side view that shows the cross popped up.


I recently saw a video that Shelby over at Color of Happy created called Coloring Whites with Copic Markers.  It was very informative and I used what I learned on the Lillie's.  Here is a closer look.
 

I love how the Lillie's turned out, and I have another stamp I colored last night which I will be sharing over on the QKR Blog next week.

Note ... Originally, I was going to share this card tomorrow as a member of Tanner Bell Designs Design Team Card Day.  At this time, I am happy that Tanner has decided not to continue selling stamps.  Why, you ask?  Well, when Tanner made his announcement yesterday that he would no longer be designing/selling stamps he also shared a video.  In his video he said "Design Teams are a waste of time".  Not just once, he repeated this several times.  I was actually hurt when I heard him say that.  I think if Tanner had focused on just one thing ... his stamps ... vs. jumping all over the place featuring other products he might have been able to make it work.  Don't get me wrong ... I wish Tanner all the best in whatever he decides to do.  He is a teenager, and I remember how my son was at that age when it came to extracurricular activities.  However, I still believe it was wrong for him to be so disrespectful about Design Teams.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Comments

Ellis said…
Wonderful card you made! =)
Hugs, Elenor
Shelby said…
Beautiful CAS card and a lovely image! Great card. Ahhh the world as viewed by a teenager. Some day perhaps he'll see things differently, but I agree it is rude of him to be so dismissive of others.

Shelby
Shelby said…
How rude I forgot to mention the fantastic coloring of your whites (I was too focused on someone else's rude behavior to notice my own:)). I'm glad you found the video informative and useful...makes me smile

Shelby