Seasons Greetings ...


While going thru my e-mails last night I came across the Just Us Girls Challenge #162.  This week's Challenge is a Technique Challenge that I thought was pretty cool.  The challenge is to make a Ribbon Wreath, and they shared this link to a video tutorial.  I watched the video several times, and then gave it a try.  It took me three times before I was finally happy with how the wreath turned out.


After making the Ribbon Wreath I pulled out some DP and layered it on my cardstock, then used a Circle Nestabilities to cut the hole to create a window.  The Wreath was attached to my base with Score Tape, the red bow was attached with Mini Glue Dots, and then I added red bling to represent the berries.

On the inside I put candles to shine thru the center of the wreath.  Since I put the sentiment on the outside I left the inside with just the candles for now until I figure out what I want to put with them.


I truly enjoyed creating the wreath and I love how it turned out.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Cardstock:  Paper Cut Red Cardstock [5x7], DCWV the Christmas Combo Stack, Neenah Solar White
Stamps: DeNami sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Festive Berries Distress Ink
Other products:  X-mas Red & Golden Rod Stickles, 3/8" Offray Green Ribbon, Want2Scrap Bling,  Red Ribbon unknown [scrap]

Comments

~Tammy~ said…
Stunning!!!!! I see why you loved how it turned out! Amazing and Beautiful!
Marisa said…
Love the way you have the candles in the middle of the wreath!! Fabulous idea! Such a great card using this week's technique! Thanks for playing along with Just us Girls this week :)
Lynn said…
Way to take this week's technique and make it shine. I love the wreath and the sweet little candles. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls!