The Joy of Giving Sassy Holiday Release ...


Sassy Studio Designs is celebrating "The Joy of Giving" Holiday Release

We are doing something a little different this month. No Blog Hop!  All of the SSD Designers created Vintage or Shabby Chic projects featuring the new Sassy Holiday Digital Stamps, and you can see all of the projects on the Sassy Studio Designs Blog.  Half of the Designers shared their creations yesterday, and the other half is sharing today.  So if you hopped over from the SSD Blog to see my card. Thank you! If you're just happened upon my blog today remember to head over to the SSD Blog to see what the other Designers created.  You don't want to miss their lovely creations.

Now for my card ... is it Vintage or Shabby Chic?  I really couldn't tell you which it is, but this is the image that popped in my head when I saw the lovely stamp called "The Greatest Gift".  So hear goes ...


After coloring "The Greatest Gift" with Copic Markers, she was fussy cut out and put on the side.  That was the easy part. :o)

I picked up the 3D Christmas Tree at Michael's last weekend in anticipation of using it for today's card. Next step was to choose DP.  Another easy part.  I layered everything together before attaching it to the base card and it looked like something was missing.   Then I remembered the window die I have. Since I already had one cut out in white I just altered the color with distress ink, and then pulled out the starry night DP from my scraps to put behind the window.  The window was the perfect add, so I went ahead and put the card together. 

Here is a close up of "The Greatest Gift" ...


I hid her stomach a little bit behind the present.  She's a little shy! LOL!

Now we can't have a Release with out some PRIZES.  What are they you say?  Well two (2) random commenter's on the SSD Blog will receive a prize, and there is also a GRAND PRIZE.  So hop on over to the SSD Blog for all the details. 

You can find "The Greatest Gift" and all of the other NEW Holiday Stamps in the SSD Store.

I am entering this card into the following challenges ...
 - Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge Blog ~ Christmas
 - Divas by Design Challenge #61 ~ Anything Goes
 - Forever Friends Monthly Challenge for November ~ Anything Goes
 - Paper Crafting Journey Challenge ~ Anything Goes
 - Southern Girls Challenge #57 ~ 46 Days to Go, Christmas

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Copic Markers: E000, E01, E11, E17, E18, E19, E09, BV22, BV20, W00, RV29, R29, R39, R59
Cardstock: Neenah Solar White, The Paper Cut 5x7 Card [red], DCWV Christmas Combo DP, K&Company Elizabeth Brownd Mat Stack DP, Memory Box Yuletide DP [behind window]
Other: Recollections Dimensional Stickers [tree], Clear Star Gelly Roll Pen, Aged Mahogany Distress Ink by Tim Holtz, Poppy Stamps Inc. Small Madison Window


 

Comments

karalschuknecht said…
Ruza, great job, you really have a vintage feel, it sets a scene of Christmas past. Beautifully colored too!
Unknown said…
Fabulous card Ruza , thank you so much for your visit and sweet comment. thank you for the prize too what a fabulous digi . biggest hugs Elaine
What a wonderful image and love your card, a perfect scene, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Sharon said…
This is a gorgeous Christmas card. love the image and the layout. Thank you for sharing this with us at d
Diva's by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x
Sara said…
Beautiful Ruza! I love the tree with her!
Ruza, I love this! Beautiful tree in the background. Love your coloring too.
Robin said…
I love the scene you created. Just gorgeous! Hugs, Robin
Kate said…
I just love the scene that you created here. Beautiful.
Margreet said…
Gorgeous card...love the funny image...thanks for joining the Divas!
xxx Margreet
Kim Kelley said…
Love the way you have her by the tree! Just a wonderful, happy scene! HUGS
Jackie said…
Ruza, I simply love this card! The tree, the scene, the details....simply fabulous!
Wattage said…
What a Fun card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x