... Meljen's Designs Challenge ...


This week over at the Meljen's Designs Blog Challenge #144 is to "Be Square". Create a "Square" card or a project containing "Squares" in your design.

Very rarely do I create "Square" cards, so here is what I created ...


No square card! :o)

I printed two copies of this adorable Cork Poppin' Mouse, colored the mouse on one image and the cork on the second with my Copic Markers, then proceeded to cut both copies into 1-1/2" squares. Next step was to cut out the mouse and pop him on the design with Mini Glue Dots, and then I pieced my image together on the backdrop.  I was going for a 3D look with my design.

This photo shows how flat the right squares of the image are


and this one shows how the left side is popped up,  


and you can see how the mouse is popped up on the cork.

It really looks cooler in person!  After put all the layers together, I added some clear star and rhinestones to the design.

Make sure you stop on over at the Meljen's Blog to see what the rest of the Designer created, then come and show us your "Square" projects!

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ingredients: Bazzill Typhoon & Kraft, and Neenah Solar White cardstock, My Mind's Eye Hootenanny DP 6x6 pad, AMS Washi Tape, Recollection Clear Rhinestones, Darice Star Gems, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink

Comments

Robin said…
This is totally cute! I love the little mouse! Hugs, Robin
Unknown said…
Aah, I love everything about this Ruza! Seriously great idea with cutting up the image, not to mention your coloring is fantastic. :D
Karen B. said…
Such an adorable card, and I really enjoy the extra detail of the square cuts.