Gift Card Holder ...

This is my 2nd post today, please scroll down to see my Amazeballs Sassy creation!

**********************************

I got really creative for this weeks NEW Meljen's Designs Challenge #156, which is all about Recycling (use a recycled element on your project).

I recycled an empty Birth Control package to create a Gift Card Holder. Honestly, I did! As I was getting ready to throw out the used birth control package this CRAZY idea to turn it into a Gift Card Holder came to me. Even my husband gave me a funny look when I told him why I kept the used package. So here goes ...

Before

After

I printed the Flower Power Car, colored it with my Copic Markers, a White Gelly Roll Pen and some Clear Star colored pens. I then cut the cardstock down and set it aside. Before attaching the cardstock to the container, I added Bubblegum Swiss Dot Washi Tape around the edges of the container. Once that was done, I attached the colored image with Score-Tape, trimmed the edges, and then applied Picked Raspberry Distress Ink around all the edges.

The next step was to create the flap for the inside to attach the Gift Card because I threw out the inside. So I cut down some pink cardstock, rounded the corners, punched a hole in the corner, applied distress ink around the edges, opened the container to add the cardstock, and closed it back.

Removable Glue Dots were used to attach the Gift Card.

I used the same pink cardstock to cover the back of the container. This is where I will add a Birthday Sentiment.


I think my Recycled project turned out pretty cool! So ... how do you think I did?

Make sure you check out what the rest of the Designers created for this weeks Challenge over on the Meljen's Blog, and then share your Recycled creations.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Comments

Kathy said…
Very clever Ruza! Crafters really can repurpose anything. This came out so darn cute. Love the fun image and the inked edges. Sweet little g/c holder.
Unknown said…
Ruza.. I know I've already told you.. but this is SO AWESOME!!! What a fantastic Recycle project!! I LOVE it!!!
Robin Parker said…
Ruza, fabulous idea!! Love the way you colored the love Flower Power Car! The pink edging is just perfect to complete this wonderful creation!