Corrosive Challenge ...

Good morning! This post is on the long side, so please bear with me.

First, I want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all! I also want to share the beautiful gift my daughter, Katie, made for me at school for Mother's Day.


Isn't it gorgeous! The center-piece is an electronic candle. I truly LOVE my gift. Now my son, Nick, bought me a new Garmin. I'm very grateful for this gift since the one I have doesn't work when I need it to. Ugh!

************************

Now to get back to The Corrosive Challenge I have to share with you today.

(create a project that features a sentiment.)

Our Sponsor this fortnight is Graphicat Designs 


When I saw this Horse your Heart sentiment over at Graphicat Designs I immediately thought of my daughter-in-law Lauren, and her love for her horse Stryker.  Stryker became ill in April last year. After months of treatment he kept going downhill, and had to be put down last July. So I wanted to make something special for Lauren for Mother's Day. I've had this Library Pocket Book Kit from The Paper Cut for about a year now, and it was perfect to make my gift for Lauren.

I added Stryker's name to the cover of the Book, which I tied up with Black Grosgrain Ribbon that I wove thru a heart Buckle Slider by Paper Studios.

Here are a couple photos from the side.


This is how the Book looks opened.

I used the Papetry Ink Wonderful Words Memories stamp set  for the inside front cover, and hung a Brad Landing Horse Charm with AMS Onyx Twine underneath the sentiment.


This is Stryker eating out of Lauren's hand.


Note: The Library Pockets did not come with windows. I added the windows on half of the pockets with my Nestabilities Die and adhered Graphix Clear Plastic behind the windows.

I also made a CAS card to accompany my gift.


I dropped of my package at my son's house on Thursday because I knew Lauren was heading to Nashville for the weekend with her Equestrian friends. My son, Nick told me to drop off the gift before she left vs. waiting for her return. He said it would give her something awesome to talk about during her "horsey weekend"! That's what he called it. lol

Lauren & Stryker in their Equestrian attire!


Stryker was a gorgeous horse, loved deeply, and is truly missed by all! Lauren loved the album. She sent me a text telling me how Beautiful the album was! Yeah!!!

Thank you for scrolling thru my long post. I hope that I have inspired you to create a project featuring a sentiment, and that you share it with us over on The Corrosive Challenge Blog.

Edited on 05/13/12 to submit my album into The Gift Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Ruza

Other products used: Neenah Solar White & Bazzill cardstock, 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon from The Ribbon Boutique, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.

Comments

Jackie Randolph said…
Ruza, this is Gorgeous!! I really love the way it turned out, the sentiments are absolutely beautiful and I am sure Lauren will cherish it forever!! Happy Mother's Day!
Linda Palmer said…
What an awesome gift for your DIL. I am sure she loved it. I really love it and I think you did a fabulous job on it.
Regan said…
Ruza, this is just the sweetest thing! That was so thoughtful of you! It turned out beautifully and the sentiment is perfect! Love Katie's gift to you too! The hand-made ones are the best, aren't they?! Happy Mother's Day!
{hugs}
Regan
Hey Ruza! Thanks for linking this up to the Gift Packaging Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)