Today we celebrated my grandson Nathan's 1st Birthday. It was held 3-weeks early because one of his aunt's/uncle's are moving out of town. We had one of the hottest days of the Summer, and fun was had by all.
Being the crafty Grandma that I am I just had to make this little guy some birthday cards ... 1 from me and my husband, and 1 from his Aunt Katie ... and of course I just had to share them.
First up is the card from me and my husband ...
Nathan received the Little People's Train for his birthday so it only made sense to create a Train Birthday Card. Back in February of this year Little Miss Muffet Stamps came out with a collection of Linking Trains which you can find here. They also provided a Freebie to their FB Followers, and this is the train I requested and received. I was thinking ahead to my grandson's 1st Birthday. Mind you I also bought the whole train collection, and look forward to using them more in the future.
I used the Lawn Fawn Jessie's ABC's to create the sentiment inside the card.
Next up is the card I created for Katie to give Nathan ...
I received this adorable Fox from Art Impressions a couple weeks ago at a craft show, and thought he was adorable so I used him for Katie's card. The sentiment(s) were created with Lawn Fawn Harold's ABC's. My design for this card was inspired by the Sketch Saturday Week #377.
Here's a closer look at the fox ...
Challenges entered ...
- Crafty Friends Challenge #13 ~ Use a Sentiment (fox)
- Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge #96 ~ Anything Goes w/a Twist, Toys (train)
- Sketch Saturday Week #377 (fox)
- Crafty 4 Eternity Challenge #242 ~ Children
- Simply Create Too Challenge #93 ~ It's a Special Occassion
- Moving Along with the Times Challenge #3 ~ Cute Animals
Until next time ... Enjoy!
Products not listed above ...
- Cardstock: Papertry Ink White and Soft Stone, CutCarStock BluRaspberry, Bazzill Marmalade Blast, AMS French Roast
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and London Fog (smoke from train), Tim Holtz Gathered Twigs Distress Ink (under train)
- Other: 3D Foam Squares, Yellow Tiny Brads