Treat Holder Tutorial ...

Good morning! This month the Challenge at Scor-Pal is to create a Treat Holder using more than one-score. As the hostess this month, I am sharing how I made my project for the Challenge.


The following Products/Tools were used to make the Treat Holder: Scor-Pal Eighths Board ~ 3/8" Scor-Tape ~ 3/4" Foam Tape ~ Crop-A-Dile or Hole Punch ~ Ribbon.


To start you will need a 12" x 12" sheet of design paper or cardstock. Cut the 12" x 12" sheet down to 8-1/2" x 12". I used cream colored cardstock for my tutorial so that it is easier to see the score marks.

Step 1: Place your paper on your Scor-Pal with the 12" side at the top.  Score the paper at 3/4", 2-1/2", 5", 7", 9-1/2" and 11-1/4". Turn your paper so that you have the 8-1/2" side at the top. Score the paper at 2-1/2" and 6". (I created the above photo that shows the measurements for today's project.)

Photo shows the 12" side at the top of my Scor-Pal

Step 2: You will cut out each of the corners - from the 2-1/2" mark on the 12" side to the 2-1/2" mark on the 8-1/2" side. This will give you a 2-1/2" square in each corner (as shown in the next photo). Make sure you cut from the inside score line vs. the center of the score line.


Step 3: Use your Bone Folder to burnish all of the score lines.


Step 4:  Open your paper up so that it lays flat. With the 12" side at the top, take each of the corners and fold them in from the 2-1/2" mark to the 5" and 7" mark respectively, to create a triangle. If you are using heavy cardstock be very gentle when doing this step as it can cause the paper to tear.


Step 5: Once you have burnished your triangles, fold and burnish the paper along the 2-1/2" and 6" score-lines. The triangles should be on the inside of the fold.


Step 6: Fold and burnish the 3/4" towards the triangle for each side. Turn your paper over. Fold and burnish the 5" and 7" score-lines towards each other. This creates an open area for your treat. I used a binder clip to hold the two ends together to show how it folds together.


I have some small cello-bags that was perfect for my project. I put 2 pieces of candy in the bag, folded the top flap over and put it in the holder. A small binder clip was used in the center of the treat holder to keep it together, and in place, so I could punch the two holes (1 on each side of the binder clip) with my Crop-A-Dile. I removed the binder clip once I pulled the ribbon thru and tied it off.


Note: I used the 3/8" Scor-Tape to add the design paper to the 3/4" flap (as shown in the above photo), and the 3/4" Foam Tape for popping my signage onto the front (as shown below).


You can decorate your bag like I did, by covering up the "V" on the front and back OR you can use this area to put a piece of candy or tea bag inside. The "V" is like having extra pockets.

I hope you stop by to see the rest of the Treat Holders the Team made to inspire you for this months Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge #42 ~ Treat Holders, and join in the FUN. 

Until next time ... Enjoy!





Comments