Basket Weaving with Paper ...

Good morning everyone. WOW! It's already August, and school will be starting soon locally. The Summer is really flying by so fast! Of course, since it the 1st of the month I have a NEW Scor-Pal Challenge for you.


There is nothing that says "Summer" to me more than Sunscreen and Aloe Vera for those sunburns. So for today's project I made myself a little basket to house the little bottles in. Yes, I truly made the basket. Years ago I made a couple of Longaberger Baskets, and since they are in my craft room I was inspired to try and make one out of paper. Mind you, it's only 5" x 3" x 3" 5" x 2" x 2" (corrected on 08/30/18).

Here are a couple of pictures showing how I weaved the paper to make the basket.



It took me a couple tries to get the first two rows to work. Once I remembered how to weave the paper it went smoother. It was time consuming but so worth it.

Here are some more pictures that focus more on the basket I made.



Material used to create today's projects:
 - Scor-Pal Eighths Board1/8" Scor-Tape 1/4" Scor-Tape3/8" Scor-Tape6" x 6" Scor-Tape Sheets
 - Papertry Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Light Weight Chipboard for inside the basket and the bottom, Prima Adobe House Ink, Dauber, Crop-a-Dile, and Tiny Red Brads

I was hoping to have a tutorial for you today, but time got away from me. I will make another basket and provide step-by-step instructions for you on the 15th. Until then, stop by the Blog for more information about this months Scor-Pal Challenge, see what the other designers created to inspire you, and join in the FUN. 

Challenges entered ...
 - Always Fun Challenges #69 ~ Anything but a Card

Until next time ... Enjoy!

Comments