Shaped Card for a Bridal Shower ...

Scraptastical Kreations
Design Team Announcement and card is located here.

Now onto my card for CAS-ual Fridays current challenge (#10), which is to create a Shaped Card.

I am a Paper Smooches Club Member so I have been getting Kim's templates for a couple of months now.  This is the first card I've made using one of her templates. 

I used the April Shape Card Template, which is an apron, to create a Bridal Shower card.  It will go perfect with the handmade potholders / hotpads that Katie is giving to Lauren this Saturday.  My 60 Thank You cards are done.

After printing the template I pulled out my FOLKal Points stamps, and inked up the cute gingerbread cookie, the hills, and faux stitching and stamped it around.  Colored him in, then applied two different distress inks to achieve the color of the apron.  I cut out the template, then added another distress ink around the edges of the card.  The pocket of the apron was attached with 3D tape, rhinestones were added for the eyes and cheeks.  The ribbon was attached with my Tiny Stapler, and then I put the utensils in the pocker.

I inked up the inside of the card with two colors, and added the measuring spoons to the bottom corner of the card.  No sentiments were added.  I am going to let Katie scribble on the inside ... Lauren will know its from Katie.

Hope my design inspires you to go forth and create!

Product Spotlight ...
 - Template:  Paper Smooches April Shape Care Template
 - Stamps:  Paper Smooches FOLKal Points
 - Paper:  Neenah Solar White
 - Ink:  Copic Markers E42 & E70, and Tim Holtz Distress Inks ... Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky & Faded Jeans
 - Extra:  AC Premium Ribbon - Denim, Recollections Rhinestones, EKS Jolee's Boutique Baking Dimensional Stickers
 - Tools:  Printer, Tim Holtz Adapter & Sponge, Darice Embossing Brush, Paper Studio Sticky Doos, and Tim Holtz Mini Stapler

Comments

Michele Gross said…
Super cute!!!! Glad you joined in the fun at CAS-ual Fridays!
Virginia L. said…
Aw... this is adorable! I chose the same shape for this challenge and I love playing with this apron card! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAs-ual Fridays! Looking forward to seeing your work again!
This is darling, Ruza!!! Love all those sweet gingerbread men all over the front and those super fun measuring spoons - aren't you the clever girl?!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!
Dana said…
Ruza this is just so cute. I love the theme you have going with those gingerbread cookies and adorable utensils!! And the way you stapled the ribbon on looks so cool! I have to remember that!
This is just plain perfect for this week's CAS-ual Friday challenge. Love it.