Altered Notebook

DeNami Mini Cards Blog Hop can be found HERE,
or you can scroll down to get there.

When I saw this weeks challenge for Just us Girls #97 it fit in perfectly with what I needed to do for Katie's Composition Book to make it stand out.  The book is for sending updates from her teacher home.  Now I can't do anything tooo fancy or Katie will just destroy it. 



While at CHA 2010 I saw some Post-it Note Craft Paper, which is self-adhesive.  I picked up a pack at Michael's some time after the show last year, and had some left over.  I chose to use primary colors ... red and blue ... as they are Katie's favorite colors.  Here name was applied with JoAnn Craft Essentials Aphabet Rubons.  I just recently got in Jenny Suchins "Owl Be Seeing you in Class" stamp set from The Craft's Meow and knew I had to include them on this.  Here is a close up ...
It's a little hard to see on the red, but I used the text "You're an A+ Student" in the frame with the pencil on the side.  The lines on the right are part of the stamp set, and the numbers are stickers from Creative Memories which I've had for years.  Now the sentiment on top "You are My Sunshine" is part of the Digital Stamp from Scraptastical Kreations titled My Sunshine.  The other part of the Digi Stamp is an adorable bear holding the sun which I put in the center of the book.  Here is a close-up ...
I colored the bear in pinkish colors with my Copic Markers, and used Studio G Yellow Pigment Ink with a embossing brush on the sunshine, then fussy cut it out.  I then applied my ATG really good to the back so that it was held down solidily.  I didn't want loose edges for Katie to pull on.

I hope you enjoyed my altered book!

Thanks for stopping by!

Comments